Kleo Pharmaceuticals is an emerging company at the forefront of synthetic organic chemistry and immunology. We are passionate about developing new, innovative small molecule immunotherapies to treat patients with cancer as well as other life-threatening diseases. Our Headquarters is located adjacent to Yale University in the vibrant city of New Haven, CT.
Please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line if you are interested. We look forward to meeting you.
Group Leader/Senior Research Scientist, Immunology
Description of the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist and team player to lead our Immunology group and make major scientific contributions to advance our product pipeline. This individual will coordinate research team efforts and develop the strategies, technologies, and procedures to achieve important milestones in program development. This position incorporates a mixture of ‘hands-on’ laboratory and managerial responsibilities. Accordingly, our ideal candidate will have proficiency in a wide range of laboratory techniques–especially assays using human and/or mouse immune cells, flow cytometry, ELISA, mammalian cell culture. Experience with antibodies and in vivo tumor models is highly desirable. Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technologies in your field is a plus.
Our ideal candidate may be working in either an industrial or an academic environment, but will possess a strong scientific research background and managerial experience. If you are passionate about advancing healthcare and this position is in agreement with your career goals, we would love to hear from you. A relocation package is available for qualified applicants.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Research, or related field
- 3-5 years of additional post-graduate and/or pharmaceutical experience in immunology, oncology and/or cell biology is required
- At least 1 year of managerial experience is required
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement and innovation (i.e. strong publication record or drug development portfolio)
- Robust research experience in immunology assay development using multiple approaches (ie ADCC/CDC assays, FACS, ELISA, other) is essential
- Oncology assay development experience, in vivo tumor models, and as well as a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including cloning, transfection, PCR, qPCR is required
Proficiency in data analysis (Excel, Prism, Flowjo or comparable applications) and presentation tools is required
Excellent data recording skills and able to interpret and communicate experimental outcomes
Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
Capacity to thrive in a competitive, multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with external partners across multiple scientific disciplines
Interested applicants may submit resumes to HR@kleopharmaceuticals.com or submit your application via our company page on LinkedIn.