Kleo Pharmaceuticals is an emerging company at the forefront of synthetic organic chemistry and immunology. We are passionate about developing new, innovative small molecule immunotherapies to treat patients with cancer as well as other life-threatening diseases. Our corporate headquarters and labs are located at Science Park adjacent to Yale University in the vibrant city of New Haven, CT.
Please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line if you are interested. We look forward to meeting you.
DIRECTOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Description of Role
Kleo is seeking a director of project management. The director's primary role will be to successfully execute the project strategy, drug development and life cycle plan.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage internal and externally partnered projects of high complexity with supervision from the project leader
- Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy, accountable to the project leader
- Develop and coordinate resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
- Maintain both high level and detailed timelines with input from the functional departments, and assure that the functional timelines are aligned with global project timelines
- Track the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and bring issues to the project leader’s attention, participate in resolution and update the timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to the organization
- Serve as a member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards
- Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to follow up on execution of clinical programs
- Assist the project leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
- Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans
- Maintain the “playbook”; which includes all key project tools and documents
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
- Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
- Ensure all decisions made at the Global Project Team meeting are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and available resources
- Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management
- Assure that the Kleo values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work
- Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and life cycle)
- Prior experience in early drug development project management
- Excellent project management skills, including experience in planning activities
- A global understanding of the drug development process, including clinical operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, creativity, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of the project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in a productive and assertive manner
- Proven track record in a cross-functional matrix environment, with ability to influence to outcomes without direct organizational authority
- Effective knowledge/familiarity with planning systems and project management tools including systems (e.g. MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others within and across functions/teams and with external partners/collaborators
- Capable of managing meetings within a multicultural environment
- Familiar with multiple aspects of development, including research, disease areas, regulatory, reimbursement etc.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Project Management: 2 years