Current Employment Opportunities
Kleo Pharmaceuticals is an emerging company at the forefront of synthetic organic chemistry and immunology. We are passionate about developing new, innovative small molecule immunotherapies to treat patients with cancer as well as other life-threatening diseases. Our corporate headquarters and labs are located at Science Park adjacent to Yale University in the vibrant city of New Haven, CT
If you would like to be considered for one of our career opportunities please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your interest in Kleo Pharmaceuticals.
Research Associate I-III, Immunology/Biology
We are seeking a highly skilled Research Associate with a solid foundation of laboratory techniques and a passion to learn new skills. This person will perform a wide range of cell-based and immunological assays. Previous tissue culture experience and the ability to quickly learn new techniques is essential. Previous flow cytometry experience is highly desired. A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and be highly motivated to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Under minimal supervision, perform wide range of research experiments with accuracy and attention to detail
• Maintain and characterize immortalized cell lines
• Design, perform, QC, and validate relevant cell-based assays and immunological techniques, including flow cytometry, immunoassays (ELISA), in vitro primary cell culture (PBMC cultures, ex vivo assays, immunophenotyping, etc.)
• Design and execution of assays to understand mechanisms of action of biologics and small molecules
• Generate and interpret experimental data and present data in an effective manner
• Maintain spreadsheets and an up-to-date laboratory notebook
• Share in responsibilities to support general lab functions
• MS or BS in biochemistry, biology or a life science discipline
• (MS) or 2+ (BS) years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry lab experience with an understanding of the drug development process.
• Ability to independently manage daily workflow and capable of multi-tasking in a small dynamic team
• Experience working with human primary cells and cell lines is essential. Prior laboratory experience with various cellular, immunology-based and biochemical assay technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and report conclusions
• Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
• Collaborative, enthusiastic and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
Associate/Research Scientist, Biochemistry
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist and team player to join our Biochemistry group and make major scientific contributions to advance our product pipeline. This individual will assist in early stage discovery projects in immuno-oncology and develop the technologies and protocols to achieve important milestones in program development.
This position will require experience with the production, purification, and pre-clinical development of biologics, including monoclonal antibodies and/or their derivatives. Expertise with antibody drug conjugation (ADC) and their analysis. This candidate will possess a current knowledge in developing Antibody conjugation methods, product purification, and analysis of drug-to-antibody ratio (DAR).
Accordingly, our ideal candidate will have proficiency in a wide range of laboratory techniques–especially pertaining to the characterization of bi-specific antibodies, antibody-derived fragments (Fab, scFv, etc), and/or monoclonal antibodies. Experience with cutting-edge technologies in ADC field is a plus.
This position requires at least 2 years of relevant industry or academic experience, ideally with preparation of ADC and analytical methods development, and strong scientific research background. Our hire will work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
• B.S. with 8+, M.S. with 6+, or PhD with 2+ years of experience working with ADC in pharmaceutical or academic lab
• Hands on experience with various methods of ADC preparation, purification and analysis
• Expertise with binding assays (i.e. ELISA, MST, FRET, AlphaScreen, flow cytometry, etc.) using recombinant and cellular surface proteins is a plus
• The ideal candidate would have strong knowledge about ADC, biochemistry of antibody derivatives (i.e. BITE, DART, TandAb, Fab, scFv, etc.) and immuno-oncology targets
• Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and multitask between different projects.
• Experience with standard data analysis software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Prism, etc.)