Kleo Pharmaceuticals is an emerging company at the forefront of synthetic organic chemistry and immunology. We are passionate about developing new, innovative small molecule immunotherapies to treat patients with cancer as well as other life-threatening diseases. Our Headquarters is located adjacent to Yale University in the vibrant city of New Haven, CT.
Please email us your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line if you are interested. We look forward to meeting you.
Please scroll down to the following positions:
- Group Leader/Director, Cancer Immunology
- Associate/Research Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
- Director, Project Management
GROUP LEADER/DIRECTOR, CANCER IMMUNOLOGY
Description of the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist and team player to lead our Cancer Immunology group and make major scientific contributions to advance our product pipeline. This individual will lead research team efforts and develop the strategies, technologies, and procedures to achieve important milestones in program development.
This position will incorporate a mixture of management and laboratory benchwork responsibilities. Accordingly, our ideal candidate will have proficiency in a wide range of laboratory techniques–especially assays using human and/or mouse immune cells, flow cytometry, ELISA, mammalian cell culture. Experience with antibodies and in vivo tumor models is highly desirable. Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technologies in your field is a plus. Immuno-oncology drug development experiment is essential.
Our ideal candidate may be working in either an industrial or an academic environment, but will possess a strong scientific research background and managerial experience. If you are passionate about advancing healthcare and this position is in agreement with your career goals, we would love to hear from you. A relocation package is available for qualified applicants and based upon level of work experience.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Research, or related field
- 5+ years of additional post-graduate and/or pharmaceutical experience in immunology, oncology and/or cell biology is required
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement and innovation (i.e. strong publication record or drug development portfolio)
- Robust research experience in immunology assay development using multiple approaches (ie ADCC/CDC assays, FACS, ELISA, other) is essential
- Immuno-oncology assay development experience, in vivo tumor models, and as well as a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including cloning, transfection, PCR, qPCR is required
- Capacity to thrive in a competitive, multi-disciplinary environment
ASSOCIATE/RESEARCH SCIENTIST, IMMUNO-ONCOLOGY
Description of the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology team at Kleo Pharmaceuticals to make major contributions to advance our product pipeline.
The successful candidate will support pre-clinical development of immune cell engaging bispecific small molecules. The candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of in vitro assays to characterize compounds using flow cytometry, ELISA, and live cell imaging. The candidate will also be responsible for validating novel targets in Kleo’s pipeline. Ideal candidates will possess an understanding of immunology principles, and extensive laboratory experience in cellular biology/immunology with a focus on in vitro assay implementation and development. The candidate must be independent, able to interpret the results of experiments, highly organized with attention to detail, and pocess an abiltiy to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues on the team.
- Planning and execution of cell based in vitro assays
- Validation of novel immunotherapeutic targets
- Perform multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) and analysis
- Perform various immunoassay techniques (e.g., ELISAs and cell purification)
- Cell culture, including passage and expansion of tumor cells for tumor cell implantation
- Compound reconstitution for administration of therapeutics and in vitro testing
- Support of ongoing in vivo efficacy studies
- Clearly communicate results to management and colleagues
- B.S. with 8+, M.S. with 6+, or PhD with 2+ years of experience working in the immunology and/or immuno-oncology fields in an academic or industry setting
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, and troubleshoot. Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Prism), as well as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
DIRECTOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Description of Role
Kleo is seeking a director of project management. The director's primary role will be to successfully execute the project strategy, drug development and life cycle plan.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage internal and externally partnered projects of high complexity with supervision from the project leader
- Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy, accountable to the project leader
- Develop and coordinate resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
- Maintain both high level and detailed timelines with input from the functional departments, and assure that the functional timelines are aligned with global project timelines
- Track the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and bring issues to the project leader’s attention, participate in resolution and update the timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to the organization
- Serve as a member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards
- Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to follow up on execution of clinical programs
- Assist the project leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
- Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans
- Maintain the “playbook”; which includes all key project tools and documents
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
- Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
- Ensure all decisions made at the Global Project Team meeting are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and available resources
- Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management
- Assure that the Kleo values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work
- Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and life cycle)
- Prior experience in early drug development project management
- Excellent project management skills, including experience in planning activities
- A global understanding of the drug development process, including clinical operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, creativity, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of the project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in a productive and assertive manner
- Proven track record in a cross-functional matrix environment, with ability to influence to outcomes without direct organizational authority
- Effective knowledge/familiarity with planning systems and project management tools including systems (e.g. MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others within and across functions/teams and with external partners/collaborators
- Capable of managing meetings within a multicultural environment
- Familiar with multiple aspects of development, including research, disease areas, regulatory, reimbursement etc.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Project Management: 2 years